Anita Patrickson is a freelance stylist in Los Angeles. Originally raised in South Africa and educated in London, she has traveled extensively which make sense when you see her eclectic and individual fashion aesthetic.
In the US Anita started at Allure magazine. She went on to help style celebrities covers such as Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Katherine Heigl to name a handful.
Following Conde Nast, Anita broke away to pursue her freelance career. She dresses celebrities ranging from Emma Watson and Julianne Hough to Nina Dobrev, Kate Walsh and Taylor Kitsch and also regularly styles the covers and editorial pages of Elle, Instyle, Lucky, Vanity Fair, Esquire and more. Anita has a great shop on OpenSky.com and her new site can be found HERE where you can see her blog and gorgeous portfolio.
1. What is your absolute favorite fragrance and what response do you get when you wear it? – For my everyday ‘spritz’ I love Dove’s cucumber mist; it’s so clean and fresh plus its super affordable so I never feel like I have to save it for special occasions. In the evenings I love to spray on a little Rose Cologne by Santa Maria Novella (One of the world oldest pharmacies and my all time favorite product line) This smell is very classic and grown up and reminds me of the women in my life that I cherish.
2. Favorite Beauty product and why? – Every morning I use my Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer, it’s gentle enough for my skin plus it has SPF so I never have to worry about sunscreen. It also smoothes out any imperfections without the greasiness and extra layer of a foundation.
2. Favorite trick to making you or someone else look either Tall ,Skinny and Rich. – I mean there are tricks a plenty but my best advice would be to walk forth with confidence! Once you leave that house in your decided upon outfit, that’s it….. enjoy! No more fussing or worrying about, life’s too short, just go and live it, be present in the moment and embrace the people around you. Nothing worse than someone complaining or fretting the entire night about the clothes they are wearing…it’s so boring!
3. Your favorite pair of jeans (that make you feel the skinniest. and or anything you love.- I am obsessed with J BRAND jeans right now. These Aggy Leather pants are one of my favorites for fall; they’re edgy but match with almost everything. The perfect way to treat yourself! A more affordable pair (of which I own 2!!) are these awesome pants from Zara
4. What you are desperate for right now? I love jewelry that’s special enough to garner attention but easy and versatile enough to put on and never take off. One of my faves is this one by Jennifer Zeuner that I am selling in my boutique on Openky! (Also a personal favorite of J LO and Selena Gomez!)
Something else that I’ve been dying for is Mark Cross bags. This one is small enough to not overpower my other accessories, and it comes in lots of fun colors.
5. What you are wearing to death right now – Right now I can’t get enough of my Jaguar blouse by Larsen Grey! I wore it twice in a row last week; it’s loose fitting enough to be flatteringly andconcealing but can also be tucked in or knotted at the bottom to be a little more fun and flirty. I love pairing it with denim shorts: simple and sexy! Lately I’ve been pairing it with my Rose Gold Jordan Watch and black skinny jeans for a night out on the town, a fabulous heel and a brightly colored oversized clutch
2. J BRAND $178
6. The AP uniform – I am on my feet all day moving clothes and carrying bags of shoes so I am way more practical in my everyday look. I try and funk up my basics with fabulous jewelry and great bags seeing as flats, tees and skinny jeans are my staple. I also LOVE a good navy and white striped tee/sweater! I’m not even going to embarrass myself by telling you how many I own!
1. J BRAND $176
7. Fashion pet peeve- I cannot bear it when people try and squeeze into clothes that are too small! It has the complete opposite effect and ends up making them look about 3 sizes bigger! Just cause you can cram your bottom into a size 6 it does not mean you are one!
8. Best fashion advice you can give.- Go for it! Don’t be afraid. Fashion is meant to be fun and creative. It’s about expressing yourself… so what if you get it a little wrong, you will wake up and live another day… it’s just clothes after all. “Fashion fades, style is eternal” YSL